It's okay to admit that being healthy is hard. I struggle from time to time, especially when I'm in a rush and need to grab a quick bite to eat! The key to living a healthy lifestyle is preparation, and if you need some tips on how to meal prep effectively, look no further!
- Start off small. The first time I meal-prepped, I went WAY overboard and found myself overwhelmed. Try focusing on whatever meal you find yourself needing healthy dishes for the most.
- Only prep a protein. Prep one protein-filled food at the beginning of the week, and then pair it with plants throughout the week.
- Create your own salad bar. Put items like hard boiled egg, drained and rinsed black beans, chickpeas, shredded cheese, sliced almonds, and dried cranberries in clear containers.
- Let the slow-cooker do the work. My favorite tip! Throw it all together in the morning, let the crock pot do the work, and come home to something delicious!
- Incorporate prepared foods. Using pre-cut or frozen veggies can save you both time and money.
- Start a new podcast. Sounds weird, but meal prepping is sometimes grueling. You can listen to a podcast to keep you occupied and entertained while you're cooking away.