While some people may love living with roommates, there are plenty of people out there who have horror stories of living with someone else, and while some bad roommates may just be loud or annoying, others are downright disgusting, and now some folks are sharing their awful experiences.
Buzzfeed asked members of their community to share their most horrifying roommate experiences, and plenty didn’t hold back. After reading them it may scare you off ever living with someone again.
Roommate from hell stories include:
- "I had a flatmate who used to pee and poop in pots in her room, despite the fact that we had two bathrooms. It made the whole apartment smell so bad. I even saw her try to clean the nasty pots in the kitchen sink once."
- "One time my college roommate sat up in bed, turned to me, and projectile vomited from her bed onto mine, where I was lying. I was covered in throw-up. She then puked all over our carpet and refused to clean it up, so I had to."
- "When I moved into my college dorm, my new roommate told me not to eat any fruit from the fridge because it was her 'cooch fruit' and was only for her boyfriend to eat...out of her vagina."
- "It was freshman year of college and my roommate came home wasted and wet the bed. Unfortunately she had the top bunk, so I got peed on."
- My ex-roommate wasn't very clean, so one time my other roommate and I changed her bed for her. There were literally dead roaches in her sheets."
- "I once had a roommate who 'accidentally' left her journal open on her bed. I got a glimpse of the open pages, which were covered in stick figure drawings of her murdering me. I moved out a week later."
- "In college my roommate pooped in the hallway and smeared it on the walls and on our bathroom sink. The worst part? This happened more than once."
- "My college roommate was so messy that she slept in a sleeping bag on the floor because she couldn't get to her bed. I didn't find out until months later, but because her room was so messy she'd have sex in MY bed."
- And "I once realized my roommate was using the toilet sponge to clean our dishes. When I told him it was for cleaning the toilet, he just shrugged and kept going."