When it comes to pizza, everyone has their own opinion about who makes the best. And when BuzzFeed asked their Community to weigh in on the BEST pizza in their state, people were happy to share their top picks. These are the pizza spots that got the most love from the locals.
- California:The Cheeseboard Collectivein Berkeley. “One flavor a day, always fresh, always vegetarian. Lines down the block, especially when it’s a corn day. Always get the green sauce to dip your pizza in. Always.”
- Connecticut:Frank Pepe'sat multiple locations. “Frank Pepe’s is a CT staple—the White Clam pizza especially!”
- Honorable Mention -Modern Apizzain New Haven.
- Florida:Anthony's Coal Fired Pizzaat multiple locations. “It’s a chain that got its start here, but other states up north just love taking credit for our one franchise. Nope. A Florida classic, sorry guys.”
- Georgia:Antico Pizza Napoletanain Atlanta. “It’s some of the best pizza you’ll ever have.”
- Illinois:Lou Malnati'sin Chicago. “Their deep dish is to die for. There's no place that makes better pizza.”
- New Jersey:Papa's Tomato Piesin Robbinsville. “It's the the 'longest continuously owned and operated pizza restaurant in the U.S.' Amazing pizza and a killer Mustard Pie. Don't ask, just embrace the delicious weirdness.”
- New York:Artichoke Basille's Pizzain New York City. “If you ask any NYC'ers if they’ve heard of Artichoke, they’ll all say yes, and for good reason!”
- Honorable Mentions -Dani's House of Pizzain Queens and Little Vincent's in Huntington.
- Pennsylvania:Minneo'sin Pittsburgh. “ICONIC. Doughy crust with just the right amount of grease, fresh mozzarella, and a generous layer of slow-cooked tomato sauce are what you'll get here.”
- Texas:Home Slicein Austin. “The White Clam pizza is amazing!”
- Honorable Mention -Star Pizzain Houston.