Thought Catalog has compiled a list of 14 out-of-the-box morning rituals that will drastically change the way you start each day. Here are 10 of them (see full list at the link):
- Take Epsom salt baths.Epsom salts remove toxins and ease muscle tension and pain, among other health benefits.
- Set intentions.It’s not that much different than scribbling down your “to do” list except for one major factor--your intentions don’t have to be tasks and responsibilities.
- Put on something warm as soon as you get up.When you’re not being lured back into the warmth of your bed, it makes it a lot easier to actually get through your morning tasks.
- Sit quietly for a few minutes.It’s like meditating, except it doesn’t come with the frustrations of trying to achieve zen.
- Read a book.It’s tempting to want to scroll and be up to date with whatever’s happening in the world, but it ultimately just pulls you into the never-ending rat race of status updates and relentless news.
- Make a list of basic tasks and cross them off as you do them.Basic means “get up” and “brush your teeth.” Once you get that sense of achievement and momentum, it grows throughout your morning and then throughout your day.
- Keep your phone on the other side of the room when you go to bed.If your alarm is your phone, it forces you to get up to turn it off.
- Envision.Set aside a few minutes to lay there (if you can do so without falling asleep) and imagine exactly what you want your day to look like.
- Stretch in bed.It doesn’t feel like a huge discomfort and eases tensions of maybe having slept in a strange position or what not.
- Text someone good morning.Aside from such messages being lovely to receive, it makes you feel connected.
For the full list, click here!