When you’re taking a long flight you’re bound to get hungry, and chances are, terrible airplane food and those measly peanuts aren’t going to do much to get you through the trip without getting hangry.
Well, there are some snacks you can bring with you that will keep you satisfied while you’re flying, and now some nutritionists are letting you know the best things to have on hand.
The best long flight snacks include:
- Peanut Butter & Jelly– It’s not just for kids anymore, and it contains protein, and if you put it on a whole grain bread it will keep you full during your long flight.
- Trail Mix– Nuts are great for sustainable energy, which is important on a long flight, plus dried fruit will add fiber which will keep you full.
- Oatmeal Cup– It’s an easy travel meal, and all you’ll need is some hot water from the flight attendant. It’s already filling, but if you add a nut butter it could fill you up even more.
- Jerky– Again, protein is key to keeping you satisfied, and that’s basically what jerky is. Plus, since it’s so chewy you can’t gobble it up really fast.
- String Cheese & Veggies– Both of these will provide you with the nutrients you need on a long flight. Plus, string cheese can last 12 hours without being refrigerated. And, veggies are always a healthy snack that will fill you up.