While most people serve turkey on Thanksgiving, the tradition can get boring and some folks are ready to try something new and different. Luckily, there are all kinds of alternative birds to use as your main dish this holiday, like these.
- Duck- They’re small, but packed with flavor and the fat keeps it nice and moist.
- Pheasant- This game bird isn’t just flavorful, it’s a healthier option, too, because it has less fat than turkey.
- Partridge- These are the smallest option, with birds weighing in at about a pound a piece, so each guest can have their own. And they cook in 30-minutes. Bonus!
- Ostrich- It’s the other red meat and it has less fat, calories, and cholesterol than skinless, boneless chicken, while they say it tastes like filet mignon.
- Goose- Taste is the appeal here. Geese have a lot of fat between the skin and the meat, which renders through the bird as it cooks, leaving it moist, but not overly fatty.