Thanksgiving may be the holiday that’s all about the food, but it’s also a time to be grateful. And one of the best ways to give thanks for your blessings is to pay it forward with acts of kindness. Want to lift your family’s spirits while lifting the spirits of others? Get the kids and do some of these good deeds that will boost your mood and help someone else.
These are acts of kindness the whole family can do together:
- Thank your local firefighters or police officers by baking them some sweet treats.
- Pay for the person in line behind you at the drive-thru.
- Hand out quarters at the laundromat.
- Write thank you notes to those you don’t get to thank enough, like your kids’ school crossing guard, soccer coach, or dance teacher.
- Tape inspiring and encouraging notes to dressing room mirrors because we could all use a little confidence boost in front of those fluorescent lights while trying on clothes.
- Feed parking meters for strangers.
- Create a diaper-change care package and leave it in a public restroom. Some unprepared mom in need of a wipe and a diaper for her little one will really appreciate this.
- Rake leaves for seniors in your neighborhood.
- Let someone cut in line or pull out in traffic ahead of you.
- Donate canned goods to your local food bank.