The Holidays are about relaxing and enjoying good company and good food, so I won't be one of those people who tells you that you can't have dessert! Instead, try a lightened up version of a classic favorite.
Skinny Pumpkin Pie
- 15 oz canned pumpkin,or homemade pumpkin puree*
- 2 tbsp whipped butter,softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar,unpacked
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 frozen pie crust sheet,Pillsbury (thawed to room temperature)*
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly dust a large cutting board or flat surface with flour. Roll out a room temperature pie crust sheet, so that it becomes thin enough to cut off about 30%, so that your final crust is 5 oz.
- Place into a 9-inch pie dish, cutting off excess dough.
- Place pumpkin puree in a large bowl. Add butter, and mix well.
- Using an electric mixer, mix in brown sugar, milk, eggs, egg whites, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth.
- Pour filling into unbaked pie crust. Bake about 70 to 75 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cut into 10 slices and serve with whipped coconut cream or whipped cream if desired.
*calculated with 5 oz crust.*canned pumpkin is thicker than homemade, if you make pumpkin puree from scratch and doesn't seem thick, you could drain it in a colander with paper towels a few hours to soak any excess moisture.
Blue Smart Points:6