The holidays are the biggest travel time of the year, so it makes sense that you want to keep expenses low. There’s more than just the flight to pay for. House sitting and pet sitting are in the mix too.
If you have plans to travel, there are steps you can take to keep it within your budget.Experts advise you try these tips:
- Use a travel payment plan. CheapAir.com offers “Fly Now, Pay Later.”
- You can pet sit at another home and have someone do the same for you. Saving money on both a hotel and pet sitter is a win-win for pet parents, since your pup will be home and cared for. TrustedHousesitters
- Ship packages directly to your destination. It saves on baggage fees.
- Take advantage of gas station loyalty programs.
- Maximize your travel rewards points.
- Call your credit card company to check for perks.