If you’re still trying to find the perfect gift for your mom this holiday, don’t panic yet. Sure, you can always get something you know she’s been eyeing in the store, but you can also make Mom’s face light up with happiness by giving her something that doesn’t cost a thing. Experience gifts give you and your mom quality time together and that’s really the best thing you can give. Here are a few ideas that she’ll love getting from you.
- Learn and cook Mom’s most famous recipes- If your mom loves cooking, she probably has a few recipes she’s known for, so surprise her by whipping up one of her legendary dishes you love.
- Do chores for the day- When you’re at home for the holidays, wash dishes after the big meal, clean up after company leaves, and do anything else to give her a break and some spare time to spend on anything she wants.
- Make a video telling her what you love about her- Nothing could be easier than recording a message for Mom filled with all the things you love about her the most.
- Recreate an old picture- For a sentimental and sweet present, find an old photo you know she loves and get the family together to recreate it for Mom.
- Plan a visit with her family who lives far away- Coordinate plans with loved ones Mom doesn’t get to see often enough because of distance, write all the details in a card you can wrap and put under the tree. And be ready for some happy tears when she unwraps it.