Forget about milk, if you’re looking for something to fill your glass with this Girl Scout cookie season, why not make it wine? Knowing which box of the sweet treats is easy, but we’ll leave knowing which wine to pair with it to the pros. Barefoot Wine’s winemaker Jen Wall has all the ideal matches for our favorite flavors to make our Girl Scout cookies even better.
- Shortbread- Wall suggests fans of this buttery cookie pair it with a buttery wine, like a Chardonnay, for a decadent treat.
- Thin Mints- Love these crispy, chocolate cookies? Try them with a rich and juicy Malbec with “hints of cocoa in the aromas and flavors,” so it’s an ideal match for the minty goodies.
- Samoas/Caramel deLites- These chewy coconut, caramel, and chocolate creations need an equally tasty and complex wine. Wall recommends a sparkling brut rosé to bring out the flavors in this beloved Girl Scout cookie.
- Do-si-dos/Peanut Butter Sandwich- The wine expert advises a pinot noir is the best choice for these cookies because it has “fruity aromas and flavors of cherry and cranberry that pair wonderfully” with these peanut butter classics.
- Tagalongs/Peanut Butter Patties- Which wine is a good match for all the peanut butter and chocolate-y goodness in these? Wall recommends a wine that can “stand up,” like a cabernet sauvignon” that has a “velvety texture and jammy fruit flavors.”
- Lemon-Ups/Lemonades- Newcomers to the Girl Scout cookie lune-up, these bright citrusy sweets need an equally bright wine and Wall chooses pinot grigio to enhance the “sweet and punchy” flavors.
- Toffee-tastic- Another newbie, this crunchy cookie pairs perfectly with a crispy, sparkling wine, according to Wall. She says a bubbly with flavors of green apple and peaches are a good match for the toffee.
Source:New York Post