Some days -or weeks or even months- the last thing we want to go is put on gym clothes and go exercise. So if your motivation is at an all-time low and you’ve been doing nothing at all, it’s good to start small. That can mean finding little ways to squeeze some movement into your life, like these mini workouts, for when you totally don’t feel like working out.
- Commercial break planks - When you’re watching TV, use the time of a commercial to hold a plank and work your entire core.
- The Cardi B circuit - Pick a song you love and come up with a simple circuit, like 10 push ups, 10 squats, and 10 lunges. Then keep repeating it until the song ends. Push yourself for those three to four minutes and it’ll be over before you know it.
- Beyonce dance break - You can just dance around freestyle and burn some calories or go hardcore and learn the choreography and really sweat. You may not nail the moves perfectly, but you’ll get a good workout.
- Insta planks - Before you give in to checking Instagram or your social media addiction of choice during the day, make yourself plank for 30 seconds. You’ll have a six-pack before you know it and maybe spend less time scrolling, too.
- Bathroom squats - Every time you get up to go to the bathroom, do 10 squats.
- At the very least stretch- If this is all too much, drag yourself off the couch and stretch. It improves circulation by increasing blood flow to your muscles and leaves you feeling refreshed.
- And last but not least, no guilt- There’s no shame in swapping the gym for non-conventional ways to get your body moving. Just keep pushing yourself to get up and do something, even when you don’t feel like it, because anything is better than nothing.