While you’re sitting at home watching TV and drinking wine, you might as well be making the most of it. Karissa Kruse, president of Sonoma County Winegrowers, knows about wine and has some ideas about what to sip while binge-watching all the shows. These are her recommendations for what to drink with every type of show.
- Comedy: Something bubbly- When you turn on a laughable show like “Parks and Rec” or “Big Bang Theory,” Kruse suggests a refreshing sparkling wine to go with it. She says it “doesn’t take itself too seriously” and the bubbles “always give us a feeling of lighthearted celebration.”
- Horror or suspense: A crisp sauvignon blanc- If you’re watching a scary show like “Stranger Things” or “The Walking Dead,” this wine expert advises a glass of sauvignon blanc to go with it because “the wine is known to be dry and crisp, just like most main characters in a scary show.”
- Reality TV: chardonnay- If you’re in the mood for a reality show like “The Masked Singer” or “Love is Blind,” Kruse recommends pairing it with a chardonnay.
- Romantic shows: rosé- For shows like ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel,” Kruse says the pink drink is the only way to go.
- Action: pinot noir- When you’re watching something like “Westworld” or “Chicago PD,” Kruse suggests “a good pinot noir” because it “can be nuanced and layered, leaving you on the edge of your seat, or deep and intense, providing a rush of enticing flavors.”
- Documentaries: syrah -Hooked on “Tiger King?” Kruse recommends trying it with an “intense” syrah that’s “nicely textured, fruit-forward and juicy.”
- Dramas: cabernet sauvignon- Like a good scripted drama, Kruse points out this wine “can be a bold character with lots of backbone, rich with intense flavors, layered and complex.”
Source:Travel and Leisure