Fall is officially here and it’s the season for cuddling up to your S.O. and getting cozy. This time of year we love dates like going apple picking and getting lost in a hay bale maze, but this year, some of us are looking to stick a little closer to home and avoid the crowds. If you want to pumpkin spice things up with your boo, try some of these autumn date ideas you can enjoy from the comfort of home.
- Plan a fall-themed movie night- Halloween will be here soon, so get into the spirit with a spooky movie marathon. Rewatch old favorites or check out new ones and keep the fall theme going by lighting some fall-scented candles and munching on kettle corn.
- Have a wine and paint-a-pumpkin night- Trade your canvas for a pumpkin and let your creativity take over.
- Set up your very own cider tasting- Choose a few ciders from local breweries that you’ve been eager to try and create a cider flight to sample with your sweetie.
- Bleach-dye some cozy sweats- The tie-dye trend is still going strong, but now that summer’s over, swap the bright neon colors for the bleach-dye technique that’s ideal for fall. You can each DIY a new hoodie to keep you cozy on crisp afternoons, or make one for each other.
- Make your fave fall-themed treats- Head to the kitchen and whip up some candy apples, pumpkin bars, or any other seasonal treat that’s calling your name.
- Plan a pumpkin-themed scavenger hunt around the house- Write clues on mini pumpkins, then have your partner trek around to find them and the big reveal. That can be anything from baked goods to a blanket fort where you stream movies and snuggle up.
- Transform your hallway into a haunted house- Are you a fan of all things spooky and scary? Then challenge yourself to make a DIY haunted house. Go crazy with fake spiderwebs, skeletons and anything else you can find to frighten your boo.
- Have a "tailgate" cook-off in the kitchen- Bring the experience of going to a football game to your house by cooking up game day foods together, like chili or seven layer dip, then dig in and watch your team take the field.
Source: Elite Daily