For Rebel Wilson, 2020 has been her “year of health.” The actress has been working on getting in shape and shedding pounds and her personal trainer, Jono Castano has been a big part of it. The Sydney, Australia-based trainer says Wilson is “definitely” his most famous client ever and working with her has shown him that he wants to move to Los Angeles, “to showcase who I am and my ability to work with people like that.” Wilson is now approaching her goal weight and for anyone who wants to have their own year of health, Castano shares how to make it happen.
- Post your goal on social media- Making your goal public helps keep you accountable, but you can’t just share the wins, you have to share the setbacks, too. Castano advises joining like-minded communities online where others with similar goals share their experiences and you can all learn from each other.
- Rethink the way you move- This trainer is a big believer in the idea of #45Daily, where you move for 45 minutes a day, every day. And he suggests doing it by not only working out, but by rethinking how you get around, too.
- Look to tech tools- Castano is a fan of fitness apps, especially ones that are free or offer a free trial. For those looking to lose weight, he specifically recommends My Fitness Pal.
- Invest in a home gym- With a lot of gyms closed right now, he suggests taking the money you would spend on a gym membership and investing it in a few good pieces for a home gym, like a set of dumbbells or a kettlebell or two.
- Portion control hack- It’s a big thing Castano stresses for his clients and one hack he advises is splitting up your three regular meals into two each, so you eat six smaller portions a few hours apart throughout the day. “Eat to be satisfied, not full,” the trainer explains. “So you don’t have to starve yourself, but you don’t have to make yourself full as well, so eat to be satisfied instead.”