Being a strict vegan or dedicated Crossfitter may help you keep the pounds off, but we’re not all that motivated. Some of us are looking for ways to hit our weight loss goals that don’t require as much effort and these small tweaks can help. These are tips for the lazy types who want to lose weight without having to step on a treadmill and science says they work.
- Don’t be afraid of spices- Load up on the seasonings because one study finds that participants ate significantly less of a heavily spiced dish than a more mild version. Plus, herbs and spices give you the feeling you’re indulging in something rich without adding fat and calories.
- Make healthy foods prominent-Research shows we’re more likely to overeat small treats from see-through packages than opaque ones, so use that to your advantage and put the healthiest stuff front and center and make the guilty pleasures harder to see.
- Clear your desk and counters of food- It turns out, seeing food, even just a photo, is enough to boost levels of the hormones that make you hungry, according to another study. So keep pounds off the lazy way by getting those cookie jars and bowls of candy out of sight so you’re not snacking when you’re not actually hungry.
- Drink more water- Shedding weight may be as easy as upping your water intake. One study finds that those who drank two cups of water before eating lost an average of 9.5-pounds more than those who didn’t over 12 weeks.
- Snack in the afternoon- Lots of us love our snacks, but it turns out, the time we indulge makes a difference. Researchshows mid-morning snackers tended to consume more throughout the day and lost less weight over the course of a year than folks who munched on healthy snacks in the afternoon.
- Take a nap- And for the ultimate lazy way to drop pounds? Sleep your way to weight loss. A recent study finds sub par sleep can throw hunger-regulating hormones out of balance, so you’re hungrier and eat more food. So catch those ZZZs to make reaching your goal even easier.
Source: Eat This, Not That