While you’re making your list and checking it twice, you can’t forget about date night. The holidays shouldn’t stop you from enjoying some one-on-one time with your sweetie, but they may have left you fresh out of ideas for dates. So let your favorite festive flicks help. These Christmas dates are inspired by holiday movies and can take your holiday cheer to the next level.
- Get a tree- Going out to find the perfect Christmas tree can be really romantic, especially if it’s the first time you do it as a couple. Just don’t follow the lead of Buddy from “Elf” and chop one down in Central Park.
- Sing Christmas tunes- After you and your S.O. watch “Last Christmas,” belt out some of your own holiday hits, like “Last Christmas.” Bonus points for being as cheesy as possible.
- Open an Advent calendar- Fill it with little trinkets that are special to you as a couple. And if you’re lucky? It’ll be magical like the one in “The Holiday Calendar.”
- Go on a Christmas decoration tour- Inspired by “Holiday Rush,” hop in the car, find some Christmas music on the radio, then drive around and check out all the lights and decorations nearby.
- Walk in the snow- Lucky enough to have snow falling in your area? Then grab your partner and set out on a winter wonderland walk like the scenes in “Let It Snow.” And don’t forget your thermos of hot chocolate.
- Go ice skating- Find a rink and strap on your skates then try to out-skate each other like they do in “Happiest Season.”
- Meet the parents virtually- If you can’t go home for the holidays, like in “The Family Stone,” do it online. Set up a Zoom or FaceTime to visit each other’s families and toast to the season.
- Send Christmas cards- Spread some holiday cheer by hand-writing cards to your friends and family. Not only will they appreciate getting fun mail from you, your heart may grow a few sizes, just like “The Grinch.”
- Mix cocktails- Spiked eggnog, holiday punch, or Peppermint Rumchata? Bridget from “Bridget Jones Diary” would say yes to them all, so break out the booze and try mixing a few.