2020 was one of the strangest years in recent memory for life in general and the food industry was not left out. Here’s a list of some of the most outrageous, odd food mash-ups that we saw (and some that others might not want to see again):
- McDonald’s Oreo x Spam– McDonald’s China will soon be releasing a limited-time burger made with Spam and topped with crushed Oreos. For those who don’t want to even think about eating it, it will have two slices of Spam topped with a layer of the cookie and mayo. Yuuuck!
- The “King’s Hand” – this is a “hollow hand made of M&M cookie” which is then “filled with Greek salad”. Hard to believe anyone could stomach this one.
- Burger King’s Chocolate Whopper– from Burger King Taiwan comes the Whopper topped with Hershey’s Chocolate syrup which debuted in September.
- Taco Bell’s Japeno Noir Wine– Taco Bell Canada has solved the problem of a mid-range wine to go along with all of the salty flavors on Taco Bell’s menu.
- Tuna Salad Sandwich with Splenda– a Subway customer asked for a tuna sandwich with “extra pickles and sprinkle 2 Splenda packages on top.” Nope.
- Heinz’ Creamz Ice Cream– Heinz introduced ice cream “kits” flavored around their beloved dips like BBQ, MayoChup, ketchup and more. Probably not high on anyone’s list of new food items to try.
- ‘TurDunkin’– a doughnut-hole-stuffed Thanksgiving turkey with coffee gravy – it’s sweet, salty and definitely shocking!
- Pepsi’s Cocoa Cola– it won’t arrive until 2021 but it will have Pepsi sweetened with classic holiday flavors like chocolate, marshmallows and overindulgence.
Source: Fox News