Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Want to keep your kiddos entertained for hours? We’ve got you covered with festive, family-friendly activities you can do at home. Your little ones will be busy having fun for hours with these ideas.
- Do a St. Patrick’s Day scavenger hunt- Create clue cards, word searches and other activities to lead kids on the hunt around the house. And make sure you have a treat for the winner!
- Read St. Patrick’s Day books- If you didn’t hit the library for holiday picture books, check out YouTube for stories about leprechauns, luck, shamrocks and pots of gold.
- Make a green-themed charcuterie board- Fill it with healthy, kid-friendly eats like grapes, cucumbers, kiwi and green pea snack crisps. And throw in some chocolate gold coins for a sweet pop of color.
- Dress up your pet- If your pet doesn’t mind, get them in the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day by putting them in a green collar, shamrock sunglasses, a headband, or anything else your kids come up with.
- Tie-dye a shirt- Grab some green dye, a white t-shirt and get crafty.
- Decorate and eat clover cookies- Break out the cookie cutters and bake up a batch of holiday cookies, then decorate and devour.
- Watch a St. Patrick’s Day movie -When you’re ready for a break, put on a movie like “The Luck of the Irish” or “The Secret of the Kells.”
- Make green play-doh- Whip up a batch of play-doh and let the kids go crazy with cookie cutters, gold coins and rolling pins.
- Create a handprint rainbow- Dip their little hands in various shades of paint and let them make a rainbow with them.
- Build a leprechaun trap- Do your kids want to catch a leprechaun? They’ll need to create a trap with popsicle sticks, pipe cleaners, shamrock stickers, Lucky Charms, gold coins and whatever else they can think of.