Want to get your workout on but can’t -or don’t feel like- hitting the gym? There are all kinds of activities you can do that don’t require a fitness facility. These are some easy ways to burn 100 calories and the best part? You don’t have to put on your workout gear and you might not even break a sweat.
- Clean your house- Break out the broom and mop and get busy and in 25 minutes of cleaning, you’ll burn 100 calories and your home will look better for it, too.
- Go window shopping- Just 33 minutes of walking and browsing will burn 100 calories.
- Belt it out- Turn up the radio and sing along to your favorite tunes for 40 minutes to hit 100 calories.
- Whip up some dinner- We all have to eat and you’ll burn 100 calories while cooking for 30 minutes.
- Read a good book- Believe it or not, reading for 75 minutes will also zap 100 calories.
- Have a dance party- Turn up the music and bust a move in the living room and you’ll burn 100 calories in just 17 minutes.
- Hit the slopes- One 11-minute run down the bunny hill in your skis and 100 calories are gone.
- Go grocery shopping- When you’re filling your cart and wandering the aisles for 22 minutes, you’ll work off about 100 calories.
- Get in the garden- Dig in the dirt and get your planting on for 22 minutes to blast away 100 calories and you’ll get some fresh air and sunshine, too.
- Take a hike- Just 15 minutes of taking in the sights and sounds of nature on your hike will burn off 100 calories and most treks take at least twice that long.
- See a comedy- You can laugh those 100 calories away by watching an 80-minute flick with tons of jokes.
Source: Eat This, Not That