Life is hectic and we’re all busy, but it’s important to take care of ourselves and make time for self-care. When you’re to-do list is a mile long and only getting longer, it’s hard to feel like you have time to spend on relaxing and recharging, but that’s when we need it most. So how do we make it happen? Try these tips from nutritionistJessica Sepel.
- Do yoga- Get your stretching in with gentle yoga postures and give your body a reset.
- Establish a nighttime routine- Set a time to switch off your electronic devices and sign off social media for the night so you can unwind properly before bed. Indulge in a little self-care instead with a cup of tea, reading a book, soaking in a bath, or whatever soothing activity you enjoy that helps get you ready for sleep.
- Go for a swim- Get in the water and swim it out.
- Treat yourself- Book a massage and let someone help work out those tense muscles or at least book a pedicure and let someone polish your toes.
- Spend a night in alone- Just say no to any invitations that come your way for one evening and catch up with Netflix while you relax.
- Get out in nature- Enjoy some fresh air and greenery, even if it’s just a quick walk in a nearby park.