Even the best shows on television can have the worst characters. With that in mind, Buzzfeed compiled a list of the 25 worst characters on television, as voted by readers. Here are the top 10 (see full list at the link):
- Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City. She’s needy, selfish, spoiled, and emotionally stunted. Plus, she cheated on Aiden.
- Ted Mosby, How I Met Your Mother. He took nine years to tell you a story that wasted everyone else’s time, was completely selfish and ruined character development for all of his best friends.
- Lorelai Gilmore, Gilmore Girls. She’s selfish and liked to cause drama with her parents and boyfriends for no good reason.
- Rory Gilmore, Gilmore Girls. She gets a married guy to sleep with her, breaks up his marriage, then ruins her relationship with her mother over it. She also had the balls to do it all over again 10 years later with Logan.
- Ross Geller, Friends. He’s manipulative, possessive, jealous, controlling, and at the core he was borderline abusive.
- Piper Chapman, Orange Is The New Black. Her crimes against people of color are bad enough. She started a white power group. She also jerked around Alex and her stupid former fiancé Larry.
- Hannah Horvath, Girls. She’s selfish, annoying, entitled, prissy, and at times, the worst representation of a modern woman currently on television.
- Rachel Berry, Glee. You will never find a main character as annoying and whiny as her.
- Meredith Grey, Grey’s Anatomy. She’s whiny, self-absorbed, entitled and unfortunately since she’s the title character you know she’s there to stay.
- Rachel Green, Friends. Rachel goes through little character development and is really entitled, whiny, and mean.