Man Nearly Electrocuted While Sleeping With iPhone Charging in Bed

An Alabama  man almost died last month after being shocked by 110 volts of  electricity while sleeping with his iPhone charging in his bed. The Washington Post reports  that 32-year-old Wiley Day's dog-chain necklace acted as a conductor  for electricity when it hit his charger and extension cord. When he was  jolted awake, Day fell to the floor and felt his eyesight fading as his  body went numb--which he calls "the eeriest, darkest, most demonic thing  you could ever experience." 

Fortunately, Day was eventually able to  trip off his necklace and drive himself to the hospital, where he was  treated for second- and third-degree burns. He now charges his iPhone in  his kitchen and is warning others not to charge their electronic  devices in their beds. "It's not worth it," he declares. "I wouldn't  wish what happe;ned to me on my worst enemy." Meanwhile, Benjamin Fail, a  physician from Huntsville, Ala., tells WAAY TV, "He is lucky to be  alive. Electrocution kills."

Source:  Waay TV

Kat

Kat

Want to know more about Kat? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on 92.9 TomFM! Read more

title

Content Goes Here