If you’re like me, you’re probably dreaming of being on a beach somewhere, but if you have kids, not every beach is appropriate. Seriously, while South Beach may be cool, it may not be much of a vacation if you have to spend all day trying to hide your kids’ eyes from their surroundings.
Well, Trip Advisor’s family travel site, Family Vacation Critic, just made it easier for you to find the perfect beach getaway for you and your children, releasing their annual list of the Best Beaches for Families. Beaches making the list offer families a chance to relax, with most providing lifeguard-protected waters, restrooms and showers and nearby attractions, as well as being in close proximity to accommodations.
Best U.S. Beaches For Families
- Long Beach Island - Long Beach Island, NJ
- Ponce Inlet - Ponce Inlet, FL
- Jones Beach State Park - Wantagh, NY
- Rehoboth Beach - Rehoboth Beach, DE
- Coronado Beach - Coronado, CA
- Balboa Beach - Newport Beach, CA
- North Beach Park - Racine, WI
- Coast Guard Beach - Eastham, MA
- Weirs Beach - Weirs Beach, NH
- Seaside Beach - Seaside, OR
Source: Family Vacation Critic