On Tuesday, somebody posed the question on Reddit, "Which celebrity is genuinely nice?" Here are 10 of the most interesting responses--some may surprise you (check out the full list at the link):
- Matthew McConaughey. "I was a TSA employee. Genuinely nice, we had a great chat for about 15 minutes. After he was set, we shook hands, and he had his kids all thank me individually and shake my hand as well."
- Taylor Swift. "I wasn't even a fan until I met her. I went to a concert with my friend, who is a super fan, We got picked for the T-Party, which is like a backstage party after the show. She came around to everyone there and spent a few minutes talking with each person. You can tell she genuinely cares about her fans."
- Willy Nelson. "I met Willy Nelson briefly when I was 16. I was pouring liquor at an auditorium he was playing at when he walked up, bought a pepsi and slid a crisp $50 into my front pocket. He winked and said "to the unsung heroes helping me look good onstage."
- Kanye West. I was at a store, buying shoes. Next thing I know Kanye walks through the doors. I'm in disbelief, but I play it cool. I continue picking out shoes and glancing over as Kanye AND Kim are looking at coats and some shirts. He glances over at me and nods his head. Next thing I know I hear footsteps and a 'Hey, man.' It's Kanye. I just said 'Hi, holy s**t, I cant believe this is happening". Kanye laughed and we talked for about a minute when he called Kim over. We all talked for about 10 minutes. Without me asking, he said we should take a picture and he had Kim take the one of me and him. He said it was really nice talking to me and WE BRO HUGGED! He was incredibly interesting to talk to, and he is one of the nicest and genuine people I have spoken to.
- The Rock. "My cousin took his son to a WWE event for his birthday and then fishing the next day along the river. While they were fishing, The Rock appeared out of nowhere, ready to go fishing with his cousin. The four of them spent the entire day together, the Rock bought them lunch, hung out. It was an epic experience especially for my cousin's son who just turned 12."
- Bill Murray. "I met Bill Murray once and asked for a picture. He responded with, 'Who the hell do you think you are?' I kind of had a shocked look on his face, and he finally told me he was kidding, gave me a handshake/bro-hug, and took a picture with me."
- Tom Hanks. "My friend is an Uber driver and told me one day that he was sitting at a stoplight and saw Tom standing on the sidewalk. For some reason he decided to shout "Hi, Forrest!" at him, and Tom responded by waving the way his character does in Forrest Gump.
- Luke Wilson. "I met him by accident as I was running to catch my ride after my shift, around 3 a.m. He was coming down the hallway at the same time as me, but neither of us were paying attention. I ran smack into the middle of his chest and fell on my butt. He was incredibly drunk but super friendly and apologetic as he helped me up."
- Whoopi Goldberg. My wife met her in London, having a smoke outside the hotel we were attending a wedding at. After sharing a smoke together, Whoopi came in and had photos with the bride and groom (my wife's sister and brother-in-law), finally uttering the line of the day 'It wouldn't be a Jewish wedding without a Goldberg.'"
- Nick Offerman: "When I met Nick Offerman, he was nothing but pleasant, funny and polite. We had a little chat about Toronto (where I live and where I met him). He mentioned his wife and he loved Toronto