We’re all trying to be more active about taking care of our mental health. It’s so important these days with depression and anxiety rates being so high amongst people our age. The good news? There are little things you can do every day to make a difference in your daily mood.
- Change your mind - Having a positive mindset really does go a long way in helping your overall attitude. Negative thinking promotes a negative mind.
- Make someone smile - Happiness is contagious! Making people happy can actually make you happy!
- Create a jar of positive affirmations and read one every day - Let yourself read thoughts that make you smile. It’s good to keep yourself feeling validated!
- Eat a healthy diet - You are what you eat folks! Make sure you’re getting all your nutrients in in a healthy way. Nourish your body.
- Meditate for at least 10 minutes every day - Clearing your mind does a lot for helping out your mental health. Pamper yourself, take a bath, and really take time for yourself instead of scrolling through your Instagram feed
- List three things you love about yourself - Positive reinforcement is a great way to boost your self esteem and get your positive vibes flowing.
- Step away from the technology - Take a break from all of the screens in your life. Spend time with a book, the outdoors, doing something you love.
Figure out what brings you joy every day and DO those things. If you have an activity that really takes your mind off of things, hold on to it.
Source: Elite Daily