FDA Warns Pet Owners: No Store Bought Bones

Labrabull Puppy dog chewing on bone

The Food and Drug Administration is warning dog owners to avoid store-bought "bone treats."

The FDA says it has received nearly 70 reports of pets becoming ill  and more than a dozen deaths related to the packaged treats. Unlike real  bones, the processed "bone treats" can cause choking, vomiting and  blockage of a dog's digestive tract. Pet retailers often sell the items  labeled as "Ham Bones," "Pork Femur Bones," "Rib Bones" and "Smokey  Knuckle Bones." The full consumer advisory along with tips to help keep  dogs safe are posted online at fda.gov. 

Source: NBC News



Want to know more about Kat? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on 92.9 TomFM! Read more


Content Goes Here