Here the latest from the National Weather Service
New Castle and Kent Counties
- A Winter Storm Warning is in effect through 5pm Thursday evening for New Castle and Kent Counties in Delaware as well as Queen Annes, Talbot and Caroline Counties in Maryland.
- Expect heavy snow, blustery conditions, drifting snow and low visibility at times with wind gusts as high as 40 MPH.
- Projected snow accumulation totals: 4 to 6 inches with some areas expecting upward of 8 to 9 inches.
- A Blizzard Warning remains in effect 'til 7pm Thursday evening for Inland Sussex County, Delaware Beaches, Ocean City. MD, Cape May including Georgetown.
- Expect heavy snow, whiteout conditions, wind gusts as high as 50 MPH making travel dangerous to impossible.
- Total projected snow accumulations 6 to 9 inches.
Source: National Weather Service