BuzzFeed has put together a list of small ways that you can save money. Here they are:
- Instead of buying a new phone every year, replace your battery.
- When you eat at restaurants, avoid ordering juice or soda.
- Insist on paying for what you ordered, rather than splitting the bill evenly.
- Unwanted subscriptions may be hiding in the App Store.
- Go through your inbox and unsubscribe from retailer emails.
- Use the most simple expense tracking system possible.
- Mint is good for low-balance and excessive spending alerts, though.
- Eliminate “mindless” spending by putting up visual reminders of what you’re saving for.
- Automatic savings apps, like Digit, are helpful starts if you're living paycheck to paycheck.
- Have student loans? Pay off the most expensive (usually private) loans first.
- The bottom line: Set aside 30 minutes to review your finances every week.