Pancake Loving Dog Starts Kitchen Fire

posted by Kat - 

A  Massachusetts fire department recently shared a homeowner's security  camera footage of a pancake-loving dog igniting a house fire. As the  clip shows, the dog climbed on the gas stove to snatch some leftover  pancakes while its owners were away--and accidentally hit the ignition  button.

(This terrifies me.  I am so afraid my dogs will do something like this.  We typically don't leave anything on the stove, but Jaxx likes to lick the knobs.  Maybe I will buy some of those child proof covers)

Alarm Works

Alarms Work! We would like to thank a local resident for sharing this video. First, we always caution about putting items on the stove. In this case, the family pet decided to help themselves to some leftover pancakes while the owners were away. Unfortunately, the dog hit the ignition button on the gas stove. Within minutes you will see the item on stove begin to ignite. In this case, the homeowner was connected to a monitored alarm system calling responders saving severe damage. If you have pets or young children in the home look into safety covers for your stove controls.

Posted by Southwick Fire Department on Tuesday, January 30, 2018
Kat

Kat

Want to know more about Kat? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on 92.9 TomFM! Read more

title

Content Goes Here