National Burrito Day takes place each year on the third Thursday of April. In honor of the occasion, Chipotle has put together a list of fun facts about everyone's favorite tortilla-wrapped meal. Here they are:
- Wyoming goes wild for burritos. That is, the Cowboy State consumes more burritos than other states across the country, followed by Montana, Utah, Colorado and Idaho.
- Customers love sofritas the most in Utah. The state is followed by Vermont, Maine and Idaho.
- Mainers are guacamole lovers. In fact, Maine is where the most guacamole is consumed.
- Ohioans love their dairy! The state orders the most sour cream and cheese compared to other states across the country. (You would think Wisconsin would have had this one hands down.)
- Wyoming, Montana and New Mexico claim the title for biggest carnivores. These are the three states that order the most barbacoa, carnitas, chicken and steak.
- New Mexico, Texas and Arizona can stand the heat and ordered the most of the red salsa. At the same time Maryland, Virginia and Florida diners prefer Pico de Gallo.