Fact: Cars can cost a lot of money. Thankfully, Cosmopolitan has done some research and figured out which five vehicle models are the best options for millennials looking to buy their first car. Here they are:
- Best mileage: Honda Civic. This compact car gets up to 42 miles per gallon and is roomy enough for daily treks to the office, as well as weekend road trips.
- Best value: Hyundai Kona. This car boasts one of the biggest front seats in its class and an 147-horsepower engine.
- Best for Safety: Volvo XC40. This model maximizes storage and is also is tech-friendly.
- Most reliable: VW Golf. Available as a five-door hatchback or a four-door station wagon, this car is great for cities or the open road.
- Best Overall: Mazda CX-5. In addition to featuring a long front end and modern curves, the steering, brakes and suspension on this model make for a stable ride.