How a company treats their customers can play a big role in whether a person ever spends their money at a company again, and there’s no doubt some places treat their customers better than others.
Well, “Newsweek” just came out with their America’s Best Customer Service report for 2019, which polled more than 20,000 U.S. customers, asking them to rate brands on quality of communication, technical competence, range of services and more, with the list rating such industries as hotels, airlines, retailers, restaurants and more.
When it comes to hotels, The Ritz Carlton is tops for four to five star hotels, followed by JW Marriott, while Courtyard by Marriott is tops for chains up to three stars, followed by Hampton Inn. And when it comes to airlines, Alaska Airlines is tops for major carriers, while Southwest is tops for low cost carriers.
Other companies topping the list for customer service include:
- Taxi and Peer-to-Peer ride sharing – Lyft
- Vacation Rental and Hotel Booking Services – VRBO
- Car Rental – Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Cruise Operators – Disney Cruises Line
- Shipping and Delivery Service – UPS
- Travel Agencies – Travelocity
- Supermarkets – Publix
- Superstores and Warehouse clubs – Costco
- Department Store – Nordstrom
- Casual Dining Restaurants – Cracker Barrel
- Fast Food Restaurant – Chick-Fil-A
- Movie Theaters – Regal Cinemas
- Coffeehouse Chains – Starbucks
- Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt shops - Häagen-Dazs
Click here to see all the customer service ratings.