With summer on its way, here are some easy camping hacks that'll make your next trip into the wilderness your best one yet (check the link for more):
- Make your own pillow using a pillowcase and your clothes. Bring along a pillowcase on your trip and stuff your clothes into it at night to make an ad-hoc pillow that doesn't take up any extra space.
- Pack spices, sugar, etc. in empty Tic Tac containers.
- Use Doritos or Fritos as kindling. Believe it or not, dense, oily corn chips are easy to light on fire and will last for a long time, making them ideal for starting a fire.
- Transport creams, lotions, etc. in a contact lens case.
- Make mini-soap bars beforehand using a vegetable peeler. Single-serving sizes of soap are perfect for camping because you'll never have to deal with repacking a wet bar. Just peel slices off a regular bar of soap beforehand and stash them in a Ziploc.
- Burn sage in your campfire to keep mosquitoes away.
- Bring along pre-scrambled eggs in a water bottle. Mix up eggs beforehand in a bottle and stash that in your cooler to make eggs with at your campfire, instead of bringing whole, raw eggs.