Going on a cruise? These hacks will help you get the most out of your getaway (check the link for more):
- Before you go on board, download your cruise line’s app. If you wait until you’re already on board to download it, you may be charged a wi-fi fee.
- Buy the wi-fi packages before you get on the ship. They'll be 10-15 percent cheaper than buying onboard.
- Bring a water bottle and fill it up at the gym or spa, especially if you're not springing for the unlimited beverage package.
- Get some walkie talkies if you're traveling in a group.
- Bring your own power strip, because your room will almost definitely be short on outlets.
- Another absolutely essential purchase: bulldog clips to secure towels to deck chairs.
- And bring magnetic hooks so you have a place to hang things like your wet bathing suit.
- Wait until the last day to buy from the on board gift shop. They lower the prices towards the end of the cruise.
- Always grab green apples from the buffet. They will naturally soothe any nausea from motion sickness.
- If you have issues with seasickness, get a stateroom that is mid ship.
- Bring lots of small bills for tipping. And remember, you'll receive better service on board if you tip upfront rather than waiting until the end.